Dr Mina Bobdey
FRCPsych, CSBM, DI, CILT, DPM, MBBS
Consultant Psychiatrist, Therapist, Educator and Coach
Dr Bobdey has worked in the field of mental health since 1993, as a psychiatrist. She currently works a consultant psychiatrist in independent sector. She works for ministry of justice (MOJ), as a medical member of mental health review tribunal and specialist visitor for office of public guardian (OPG). She works as a visitor for care quality commission (CQC) and medical examiner for General Medical Council (GMC) and General Pharmaceutical Council(GPhC).
After completing her dual training from Royal College of Psychiatrist in Adult and Old age psychiatrist, she has further received training in management of Dementia and cognitive disorders, Mood and Anxiety Disorders, Sleep disorders, Psychosexual Disorders, Eating Disorders, Relationship issues, medico legal issues, and capacity issues. She has been awarded clinical excellence awards for her work in NHS.
She has worked in UK, New Zealand and India as a Consultant Psychiatrist. She continues to work across the world via use of technology. She is well versed with various platforms, including zoom, skype, FaceTime, what’s app, Microsoft teams etc.
She has worked as a lecturer at Auckland University, Auckland, New Zealand and Sasoon Hospital, Pune, India. She has acquired qualification in learning and teaching and has designed short courses and delivered them in the field of mental health.
She has worked as an occupational psychiatrist with Ministry of Defence(MOD) UK and Bharat Forge Limited, Pune, India. She has worked as a corporate trainer and a life coach since 2005 across various industries in India, New Zealand and UK. She has designed training programmes addressing various work life equilibrium issues, work environment, team harmony and senior executives and team member’s personal growth.
Dr Bobdey uses various therapeutic approaches in her management including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Behaviour Therapy, Psychodynamic Therapy, Transactional Analysis and Group Therapy. Her approach is client cantered and holistic. She also uses relaxation techniques, mindfulness meditation, art therapy, aromatherapy and nutritional guidance and psychoeducation.
She is experienced in Medico-Legal Work and has produced a large number of reports for mental health review tribunals, personal injury claims, mental capacity assessments and occupational health issues. Apart from English she can understand and speaks several other languages, such as Hindi, Gujrati, Marathi, Punjabi, Urdu, and Kutchi.
- MB, BS – PMM Medical College, India, 1991
- DPM – Diploma in Psychological Medicine, Mumbai University, 1995.
- MRCPsych 1998(Member Royal College of Psychiatrists), UK
- Certificate in Psychopharmacology, British Association of Psychopharmacology, UK, 2000-1.
- CSBM – Certificate in Small Business Management, Te Wananga O Aotearoa University, New Zealand, 2004-5.
- DI – Diploma in Indology, Tilak Mahavidyalay, Pune, India,2007-8.
- Was awarded FRCPsych by Royal college of Psychiatrist Feb 2014.
- CILT – Certificate in Learning and Teaching, Queen Mary University of London, UK, July 2018.
- GMC registered (General Medical Council)
- Dually accredited in Old Age and Adult Psychiatry by Royal College of Psychiatrists, UK
- Section 12 approved.
- Approved Clinician under Mental Health Act 1983.
- Mental Health Assessor within the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) process, Mental Capacity act 2005
Being a therapist herself Dr Bobdey understands the needs of clients who are already in therapy and uses medication very judiciously and only for a limited period of time until clients are able to use their own inner psychological resources more effectively. Before prescribing any medication Dr Bobdey discusses in detail the risks and benefits of each and every drug option with her clients involving them fully in decision making. She has worked effectively with clients who want to come off medication.
You will find Dr Bobdey very polite, compassionate, knowledgeable, alert all the time to what you are saying and open to receiving feedback from her clients directly.